Monday, February 05, 2007

Too hard to choose

New Seven Wonders

I stumbled across this a while ago and then the other day I read about how the Egyptians are all offended because they don't think it should even be up for voting that the pyramids are a wonder! I guess they have a point, since they are the only remaining one of the original 7 Wonders of the World. Who got to pick those first ones anyway? I thought this was a pretty interesting selection, I wouldn't have thought to include some of the more modern buildings if it was me picking them. Been to the Eiffel tower, where you go for a long, crowded elevator ride, and some other people in there were joking about the cable snapping! Also been on the Statten Island ferry and saw the Statue of Liberty from afar. I took a short bus tour in England to Bath and stopped at Stonehenge on the way there, got to check that off my list, but you can't really get that close to it either these days. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see which ones win, lots of these sites were already on my list of places to go.

Pop quiz: Can anyone list the original Seven Wonders of the World (without using Google!) and did you know there are also Seven Natural Wonders of the World?

Stupid travel bug, I don't have any money for things like that! Maybe I can see the one in Japan when we finally go to visit my sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home