Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A big visitor



The pictures aren't that good because it was already dark, but we had a United Airlines 747 land here tonight right at the beginning of the evening rush, it had some sort of medical emergency. The airport doesn't have stairs tall enough to reach their door, so they used the ladder on one of the fire trucks to get the person. I've flown on a 747 quite a few times, even in the bubble once (I wish they still had discos up there!) They don't look that big beside all the other 747s, but this one tonight sure made our airport and the other planes on the ramp look small.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Noelene!
It's Lisa's friend, Athenia. I understand you need to renew your instructor rating soon and were planning to come to Calgary to do it. I would be glad to give you any assistance that I can. I don't mind even coming in on the weekend to fly either if that is when you need to fly. Email me at athens76@hotmail.com and fill me in. Sorry to have to use you blog as a method to contact you!
Take care!

10:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I was on this plane. Please let me know if you see anything in the local news about the passengers condition. It was a 43 yr old woman from California traveling with her daughter and pet. She apparently had a heart attack according to the doctor that was on board. Also if you come across any other photos please send them to me.

Thanks... Rob
rphart@mindspring.com

9:37 p.m.  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Athenia - YOU ROCK! And, YEAH Noels is coming!!!

11:49 p.m.  
Blogger pingcat said...

Hey can I have coffee with you gals when Noels gets here?

4:33 p.m.  
Blogger Nanook said...

Ooh, yes please!

9:41 p.m.  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Yes for me tooooooo!!!!

12:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home