Thursday, January 18, 2007

The rest of my trip...

After flying on Sunday, Athenia and I met up with Jason and Lisa for lunch, we tried really hard not to talk about flying, but I think we still managed to scare Jason away! Then I spent the rest of the day studying (the backs of my eyelids!) Monday was another stunning clear day with two flights, one with Athenia and one without. Lisa and I had stayed up really late chatting the night before, so it was time for more "studying" and then off to Rob's house for supper. Note to self: next time Rob asks you what you want him to cook, think of something, otherwise he'll cook everything! It was a fantastic meal, a dinner party where you don't need any other entertainment because you spend the whole evening eating. I was having a good time and didn't want to leave, but such is life, I had to be sort of rested for my ride with Transport Canada the next morning. The ride was pretty non-eventful, so I am a newly renewed flight instructor. Sandy (Mike's mom) was on her way out to Vancouver island, so she stopped by to visit at the flying club. After lunch we headed home, there was just enough time left to have some coffee with Denis, who still seems to think that I'm moving back to Calgary soon. Then there was the airport, which is always the hard part, and now I'm home.

It was a super fun trip, I had such a good time seeing everyone and visiting my former self as a Calgarian. I also realised again that Calgary for now will be a great place to visit, but I like coming home too! Actually, it would be best if somehow this me and the me that lived in Calgary could somehow combine and I'd be able to see everyone all the time. If that makes any sense!

Thanks everyone who came out to see me. Pingcat, we'll have to try again on the next trip to have a coffee. Thanks Lisa and Jason for their hospitality and sleeping on the couch, and to Rob for cooking! I had a blast, and now it's your turn to come and visit me, but I don't mind if you all want to wait til it gets warmer!

There aren't any pictures to go with this post, I have to wait until I get some from Rob. And now I have to go back to studying, we are getting our flight attendant training renewed this weekend and Transport is going to be here too. But I think I hear Tim's calling my name...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home