Friday, June 29, 2007

An fun day

A few days ago I was on a trip to Lac de Gras roadcamp strip, and had to hold while a guy went to another camp and did some things before going back to Yellowknife. So instead of waiting at the strip I got to go for a helicopter ride into camp and back.

After that we went to Bathurst Inlet with some tourists, my safety briefing got translated into Japanese as I was giving it. We took a bit of a scenic route up and saw some caribou calving grounds, some muskox and Wilberforce Falls, the tallest falls in the Arctic. We also showed them Ekati diamond mine and part of the ice road that's still there. I was quite surprised to see three pairs of swans just before we got to Bathurst, I had no idea they went that far north.







2 Comments:

Blogger pingcat said...

Thanks for the pics ... one of these days I will get back to writing.

2:59 p.m.  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Great pictures! Aren't helicopters fun! If only I had another 70 K or so............ anyway glad you got to go for a ride!

11:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home