Thursday, May 17, 2007

Seven wonders of Canada


I was talking to Quodlibet the other day and she mentioned that CBC was picking the seven wonders of Canada, so I went and had a look at the CBC website to see what it was about. She has posted her votes on her blog, so I also went to go and vote. But it's toooo hard, there are so many interesting things. I really think that they should have seven natural and seven man-made, even that wouldn't make it too much easier. They had tens of thousands of things nominated, and have now narrowed it down to 52. Quite a few nominations are Northern places/structures. I'll have to think about it for a bit, there are some things that I know and love, some that I've only heard of but never seen, and some that I didn't even know about. We were chatting about this during one of our "safety meetings" at Tim Hortons the other day, I said that it's impossible to choose just seven, and someone mentioned that it's probably really just the process that's important, not really what gets picked in the end.


Anyway, I don't know when they'll be announcing it, but I do know that I'm going to have to get travelling and see some more of Canada!

2 Comments:

Blogger Quodlibet said...

So did you decide what to vote on yet? I'm back in Calgary now... It is J's birthday today and I havn't gotten his present yet...I'm usually more on top of these things!

11:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noelene. Getting a bit sick of the Canadian flag already.

3:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home